I just couldn’t help myself. I have only gone and made another Frankie dress!
After the success of my fishy dress and the fact that I haven’t taken it off since the sun came out, I thought I would give it another bash.
There were a couple of tweeks I wanted to make with the fit. I originally cut my fishy dress to a extra small on the top grading to a small. This time round, I thought maybe a straight small would be better as the shoulders seams were a little short. I also decided to add an additional centimetre for some extra room. This is how I added that extra width.
I drew a diagonal line from the shoulder seam to the arm hole, cut long the line and opened it up by a centimetre. It just gave me the extra room I needed. The final adjustment was to length. I had reduced the length on my fishy dress, mainly due to fabric shortage so this time I cut the specified short length as per the pattern. You will notice that I also chose the elbow length sleeve option instead of the short sleeves.
The fabric I used for this make is really special. I bought it from Faberwood in the UK. It’s quite a bold himmeli pattern and large in scale.
I had originally spotted it on Wendy Ward’s instagram page and went straight online and bought a couple of metres. As I was heading back to the UK in August, it was waiting for me when I arrived at my parent’s place. It was a long wait, but well worth it. It’s an amazing quality knit. This is what I like about Faberwood, it’s a well curated and quality driven fabric store. AND bonus to me, I actually got to meet Fiona who owns Faberwood while I was back in the UK.
So here it is.
I am pleased that I sorted out the fit, it feels less restricted on the shoulders than my fishy dress. I am also pleased I didn’t cock it up as this fabric is so lovely (and no longer available) that I think tears would have been shed if I had made a mistake. I am now waiting with bated breath to see what Wendy and Fiona make with their pieces.